Monday, October 23, 2006
GIVE ME SUGAR WATER
This morning was my 2nd ultrasound and glucose test.

Glucose tests suck. I was diagnosed as hypoglycemic when I was 10, I think. I've had more glucose tolerance tests (GTT) than any one person ought to have in their life - sans diabetes. My body just doesn't metabolize sugars at the same rate as the "average" person. The GTT should have been 140 or lower after fasting and drinking their "fruit punch flavored" bottled sugar water. I felt like Edgar, the bug alien from Men in Black.

http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/30605/mib21.wav

In my history with GTT's, I've fainted in the dr office bathroom, puked, wished I could puke, gotten raging headaches and had to lie down on exam tables, couches and the floor. Today was below average in excitement. I only got a mild headache and "burped up."

TMI, I know.

Anyway, I flunked the dang thing. Just like I expected. When pg w/Stinkerbell, I flunked it too - 142. Today, I was an over-achiever. 152. It's not really high. It's not a surprise. But I still have to have...

The Dreaded 3 Hour Test.

http://www.grsites.com/sounds/18791905/people/people089.wav

Now for the rest of the story...

My mom joined The Mighty Hunter, Stinkerbell and myself for the ultrasound (u/s). My dad was unable to get away from the office long enough. Both my parents were excited about getting to see the u/s. My brother has 4 kids, and they missed all those u/s - plus Stinkerbell's. The Mighty Hunter's dad was in town, but had his own appointment with a surgeon regarding his prostate cancer (another post, another time.)

Stinkerbell was spellbound by the whole thing. There are very few things that get her to be still and quiet. This was one of the best.

The sonographer (sp? name?) confirmed that everything seemed normal. She can't diagnose anything, but I know that she would call the ob in if she saw something that warranted a diagnosis - which she didn't.

152 bpm heartbeat.

Cute little face. Long, skinny arms and legs. Approximately 2 lbs now. She gave a much more exact weight but I was too amused by The Mighty Hunters' "10 pounds???" that I forgot the ounces. It's a nice weight, not too big, not too small.

Long straight spine. Eyes still closed.

And there where it should be was a little turtle.

Do you know which sex has the turtle and which has the hamburger?

I'll wait for the comments to find out who can guess it!

This will be fun.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home